Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] mingw on x64, workaround

Tijmen Smit wrote:

> If I download bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2 and extract it, it
> comes up with an error... unexpected end of archive? I try'd to
> download it several times, and each time it says the same thing. I
> still tried to run ./configure but that comes up with -> configure:
> error: cannot find sources (shell.h) in . or .. Maybe its just me, but
> it looks like that file is incomplete.

You shouldn't bother with the -src package, install the precompiled
binary.  Building a MSYS program like bash requires an entire convoluted
procedure of installing a separate compiler (an ancient hacked up gcc
2.95) and different headers.  It looks like you're trying to build this
with the MinGW toolchain, which will never work because it requires the
MSYS runtime.

Brian