Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Strange path transformation with Emacs

[Please don't top-post on this list. Thanks.]

On 2008-09-06 17:42Z, Tijmen Smit wrote:
> If I download bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2?use_mirror=heanet>and
> extract it, it comes up with an error... unexpected end of archive? I
> try'd to download it several times, and each time it says the same thing. I
> still tried to run ./configure but that comes up with -> configure: error:
> cannot find sources (shell.h) in . or .. Maybe its just me, but it looks
> like that file is incomplete.

These commands work as expected:

$wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mingw/bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2

$tar -xjvf bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2

I'd guess that you are using a faulty tool to extract the archive.

If you still want to try building bash yourself, study 'INSTALL.MSYS'
in that archive.

Mingw-msys mailing list