Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MSYS without installer

If I download bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-src.tar.bz2 and extract it, it comes up with an error... unexpected end of archive? I try'd to download it several times, and each time it says the same thing. I still tried to run ./configure but that comes up with -> configure: error: cannot find sources (shell.h) in . or .. Maybe its just me, but it looks like that file is incomplete.

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM, JonY <10walls@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tijmen Smit wrote:
> Hi there,
> It al started with trying to compile ffmpeg which didn't work and came
> up with this error message. The version I download of msys =
> MSYS-1.0.10.exe
>
> $ ./configure
> Broken shell detected. Trying alternatives.
> Trying shell bash
> Trying shell ksh
> Trying shell /usr/xpg4/bin/sh
> No compatible shell script interpreter found.
> This configure script requires a POSIX-compatible shell
> such as bash or ksh.
> THIS IS NOT A BUG IN FFMPEG, DO NOT REPORT IT AS SUCH.
> Instead, install a working POSIX-compatible shell.
> Disabling this configure test will create a broken FFmpeg.
> This bash version (2.04.0(1)-release) is broken on your platform.
> Upgrade to a later version if available.
>
> So I downloaded the lastest version of bash (3.2), but that also fails
> to compile....
>
> $ make
> rm -f shell.o
> gcc -DPROGRAM='"bash.exe"' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='"i686"'
> -DCONF_OSTYPE='"mingw32"' -DCONF_MACHTYPE='"i686-pc-mingw32"'
> -DCONF_VENDOR='"pc"' -DLOCALEDIR='"/usr/local/share/locale"'
> -DPACKAGE='"bash"' -DSHELL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I./include -I./lib
> -I./lib/intl -I/home/Tijmen\ Smit/bash-3.2/lib/intl -g -O2 -c shell.c
> shell.c:40:17: pwd.h: No such file or directory
> shell.c: In function `open_shell_script':
> shell.c:1437: error: `F_SETFD' undeclared (first use in this function)
> shell.c:1437: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> shell.c:1437: error: for each function it appears in.)
> shell.c: In function `get_current_user_info':
> shell.c:1592: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1592: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1593: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1593: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1594: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1594: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1596: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell.c:1596: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make: *** [shell.o] Error 1
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I would need to change to make bash 3.2
> compile without errors? I try'd to just create an emply pwd.h, but that
> doesn't work either.
>
> Regards,
> Tijmen

Hi,
bash for MSYS is here:
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=24963>

Untar to "/" under MSYS to install. You may want to update make as well.