Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: MSYS without installer

Keith Marshall wrote:
> Please DO NOT post in HTML; I'll make an exception just once, but
> henceforth I will delete such messages, unread.

I apologize for violating protocol.

Thank you for your patience.

I agree that Linux is a superior development environment, but I am just
getting started and I am simply not comfortable working at the *nix
shell command line after many years of doing everything through GUIs on
Windows.  I haven't worked with a make file in almost 10 years!  I
really did not want to have to understand all of the arcana of the
installation process, so I simply took the first set of instructions
that I came to and tried to execute them.  It is not my fault if those
instructions are the wrong instructions and do not actually work.  I
have been spoiled by applications that come with a GUI installation
program.  Your advice to follow the *nix procedure was successful.
Thank you.

--
Jim Cobban   jcobban@xxxxxxxx
34 Palomino Dr.