Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Strange path transformation with Emacs

JonY wrote:
> Hi,
> try typing "type -p make" under MSYS to see which make is invoked.

This returns /bin/make.

> It is also possible that the Makefile is designed to run under the
> "Command Prompt" instead of MSYS. In that case, use "mingw32-make"
> instead of "make".

If I just use "make" at the Windows command prompt I get exactly the
same error as under Msys.  If I use "mingw32-make" from the command
prompt I get:

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, -c "if not exist gcc_mswd mkdir
gcc_mswd", ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make: [gcc_mswd] Error 2 (ignored)
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, -c "if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib
mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib", ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

--
Jim Cobban   jcobban@xxxxxxxx
34 Palomino Dr.