Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Strange path transformation with Emacs

Jim Cobban wrote:
> I have just installed MinGw 5.1.4 on Windows XP and I can get everything
> to work except make.  When I run make I get an error message "make :
> C:WINDOWSSystem32cmd.exe" : Command not found".  It would appear that
> the problem is that there are no slashes or backslashes in the file
> name.  I have checked my PATH and the contents of other environment
> variables and I cannot see anything under my control that would cause this.
>
> Specifically I am trying to install wxWidgets using gcc and the commands
> that I issue are:
>
> cd /c/wxWidgets-2.8.8/build/msw
> make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug
>
> I am puzzled that the install created two separate directories on my
> hard drive:  Msys/1.0 and MinGW.  I tried pointing my PATH explicitly to
> C:\MinGW\bin, but that did not change the behavior.

Hi,
try typing "type -p make" under MSYS to see which make is invoked.

Is there a "make" in places other than "/bin/make"?

It is also possible that the Makefile is designed to run under the
"Command Prompt" instead of MSYS. In that case, use "mingw32-make"
instead of "make".