Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Strange path transformation with Emacs

> Why would you want to do that?

Because i am an alien who comes from a Windows world. I worked with
cygwin who maps /usr at the "other correct place".

>> So, the msys executables should not be executed in window console
>> (cmd.exe).

> Can't imagine any reason to do that.

Well, we are free to use our imagination to imagine strange ways to use
tools
done by others.

As long it's not against the law or nature..

> Possibly.  I never even dreamt of trying it.

I did :-) ( and i guess i am not alone )

>> And, is it a bug ?
> No.

You are right. I just tried it works ok.
MSYS tar does honor the mounts point.

I am sorry...

But, I used both MSYS tar and, (cough) Winzip to untar the packages.
It works for the packages who dont includes /usr/local files.

Even if there are good reasons to have it implement in this way, this is
confusing
and not standard. In my view, this somewhat contribute to make the MSYS
installation
a little harder.

Thanks for your work and attention.
Regards