Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] MSYS without installer

I have just installed MinGw 5.1.4 on Windows XP and I can get everything
to work except make.  When I run make I get an error message "make :
C:WINDOWSSystem32cmd.exe" : Command not found".  It would appear that
the problem is that there are no slashes or backslashes in the file
name.  I have checked my PATH and the contents of other environment
variables and I cannot see anything under my control that would cause this.

Specifically I am trying to install wxWidgets using gcc and the commands
that I issue are:

cd /c/wxWidgets-2.8.8/build/msw
make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug

I am puzzled that the install created two separate directories on my
hard drive:  Msys/1.0 and MinGW.  I tried pointing my PATH explicitly to
C:\MinGW\bin, but that did not change the behavior.

--
Jim Cobban   jcobban@xxxxxxxx
34 Palomino Dr.