Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Strange path transformation with Emacs

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Florian Schricker wrote:

> I am trying to get "svncopy.pl" working on my MSYS installation. It's a
> Perl script for SVN which let's you tag releases easily, esp. when
> externals are involved.
>
> As a dep, this script mentions Perl 5.8.0.
>
> Has anyone any pointers on how to install Perl 5.8.0 on a (my) MSYS
> installation?

We have succeeded in building it for msysGit, with the same intention of
getting SVN's Perl binding to run.

The biggest PITA was not even getting Perl to run, but the Subversion
bindings.

You might get inspiration from looking at the script we used to download
and build all required packages:

http://repo.or.cz/w/msysgit.git?a=tree;f=src/perl;h=72efa74e109a9f10ea8fa6940d3efc6d43c99ce1;hb=refs/heads/msys

(It is the script "release.sh", and getting it to run should be as easy as
downloading the snapshot
http://repo.or.cz/w/msysgit.git?a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/msys;sf=tgz
unpacking it and calling msys.bat, then "cd /src/perl && sh release.sh",
although the last steps will fail, since you do not have Git installed)

Hth,
Dscho