Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] CVS: msys/packages/rxvt/2.7.2

Rob van der Linde wrote:

> All these programs properly setup any path variables, and gtk also
> contains the pkg-config tool. I only had to setup my PKG_CONFIG_PATH,
> so when I type pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags --libs, things work as
> expected.
>
> Just to clarify this is definitely setup properly, I am able to
> compile a simple single file c++ gtkmm programs no problem by hand,
> using something like:
>
> g++ simple.cc -o simple `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags --libs`

That shows that the pkg-config binary is working, but not that the
pkg-config m4 macros are visible to aclocal.  Do you have a pkg.m4 in
your /usr/share/aclocal/ directory?

> AC_INIT(src/main.cc)
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(simple,0.1)
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(config.h)
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DEPS, gtkmm-2.4 >= 1.0.0)
> AC_SUBST(DEPS_CFLAGS)
> AC_SUBST(DEPS_LIBS)
> AC_PROG_CC
> AC_PROG_CXX
> AC_PROG_INSTALL
> AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile)

I don't think it matters for your issue, but stylistically these are
underquoted and use the old deprecated form of the macros.  The modern
way is:

AC_INIT([simple],[0.1])
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/main.cc])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign dist-bzip2 -Wportability -Wsyntax (etc)])

> autoheader
> touch NEWS README AUTHORS ChangeLog stamp-h
> aclocal
> libtoolize
> autoconf
> automake --add-missing

Also not relevant to your problem, but you can use the automake
'foreign' option instead of touching files you don't have or want.  And
the preferred method instead of the above is just to run autoreconf (or
in the initial case "autoreconf --install") and let it determine the
proper sequence.

Brian