Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] pkgconfig

On Friday 11 July 2008 08:33:13 zou guangxian wrote:
> > What version of MSYS are you using, and did you put mingw32-make
> > in the MSYS /bin directory?  If you are using anything prior to
> > 1.0.11 you can't do that.
>
> Oh, I use 1.0.10. :-)

And presumably, as Brian and I both guessed, (he beat me to posting a
reply, so I didn't bother to just repeat what he said), you *did* put
mingw32-make in the MSYS /bin directory.  It is well known that this
doesn't work; it even warns you not to do it, in the README file that
comes with MSYS-1.0.10, and which you were invited to read when you
completed the MSYS installation.

However, this does not mean that you cannot use mingw32-make with MSYS
prior to 1.0.11.  Move mingw32-make.exe to either /usr/local/bin,
(you may need to mkdir that first), or to /mingw/bin, (you did keep
your MinGW and MSYS installations in separate root paths, didn't
you?), and it should work correctly.

Regards,
Keith.