Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Stability of current MYSYS installation process

I've written a Makefile for test,  It's very simple:

<CODE>
.PHONY: foo bar

bar :
	 @echo $@

foo : foo.c
	gcc -o  foo foo.c
</CODE>

The foo.c also simple :
<CODE>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

int main(void) {
	return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
</CODE>

I can generate foo.exe with 'make foo', but I failed to do that with 'mingw32-make foo'. The following is the record:

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd
$ sh --version
GNU bash, version 3.1.0(1)-release (i686-pc-msys)

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd
$ make --version
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i686-pc-msys
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Report bugs to <bug-make@xxxxxxx>.

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd
$ mingw32-make --version
bar

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd
$ make foo
gcc -o  foo foo.c

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd
$ mingw32-make foo
bar

zgx@89C9EB885F03470 /u/project/weplay/client/trunk/3rd

so, what is the wrong with mingw32-make, how can I resolve this problem ?

THANKS

--
Zou guangxian