Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Reconstruction of MSYS-1.0.11 test results - findutils.

Hi,

I am trying to build Mona (www.brics.dk/mona) for Windows with MinGW.
The .tgz, however, does not contain a makefile, only a configure, so I
tried running it in MSYS.  I’d like some help getting the errors and
warnings fixed.

First of all: is there documentation for MSYS, apart from /doc/msys?
It’s not much in there.

With some guessing, I found out how to go into the directory where the
project is, namely C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Monasearch\Eigene
Dateien\workspace\Mona.  As you see: spaces in the path.  Asking for
trouble, I’m afraid.

Anyway, so cd /c/Dokumente\ und\ Einstellungen/Monasearch/Eigene\
Dateien/workspace/Mona made my day. Then ./configure:

  ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
/c/Dokumente: /c/Dokumente: No such file or directory
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing

... some more

checking for working mmap... no
checking for alarm... no
configure: error: required library function not found

Grateful for any suggestions.
H.

--
Hendrik Maryns