Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Reconstruction of MSYS-1.0.11 test results - no .exe suffix

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 19:05:10 SUNIL NEGI wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation Michael.

I think you will find that it was not Michael, but I who provided the
detailed explanation.

> Removing the 'q' just before the right hand brace seems to have
> done the trick for me.
>
> The expression:
> $ echo "1.12" | sed -n -e "/^[0-9]/{s/^\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p;}"
>
> Works just fine on msys now...

I presume you "corrected" it in each of the three statements, where
this occurs in the windows/windres-options script.  Yes, that will
get you by, with the MSYS sed-3.02, but technically it remains
incorrect in terms of POSIX conformance.  Simply inserting a newline
in each case, instead of a semicolon, would have been a more robust
correction.

Regards,
Keith.