From: mingw-msys-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mingw-msys-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of SUNIL
NEGI
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 1:49 PM
To: mingw-msys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Mingw-msys] sed on msys error

Hi All.
I am a complete newbie on msys stuff - so please correct me if this is
posted in the wrong list
(I am sure you are going to correct me anyway).

While compiling libiconv on msys environment, I found the following line
throws an error:

snegi1@xxxx ~/dlds/libiconv-1.12
$ echo "1.12" | sed -n -e "/^[0-9]/{s/^\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p;q}"
sed: -e expression #2, char 32: Extra characters after command

but the same sed command seems to be running fine on cygwin.

Can someone point out what's wrong here??

Here is the sed version:

$ sed --version
GNU sed version 3.02