Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Reconstruction of MSYS-1.0.11 test results.

tripp wrote:

> --- Brian Dessent <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Tripp wrote:
>>

> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.2.3/../../../../include/windef.h:234:
>> >      error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers
>> >

>> > can anyone help me with any pointerson whats needed here?
>>
>> 1. Please don't sent HTML email.
>>
>> 2. This has nothing to do with MSYS, so I'd suggest using the MinGW
>> list
>> instead.
>
> i picked this one cause i thought it was more general,
>
>> 3. What is line 234 of your version of windef.h?
>
> typedef unsigned long DWORD;
> typedef int WINBOOL,*PWINBOOL,*LPWINBOOL;
> /* FIXME: Is there a good solution to this? */
> #ifndef XFree86Server
> #ifndef __OBJC__
> typedef WINBOOL BOOL;                     ******!!!! Line 234 ****
> #else
> #define BOOL WINBOOL
> #endif
> typedef unsigned char BYTE;
> #endif /* ndef XFree86Server */
> typedef BOOL *PBOOL,*LPBOOL;
> typedef unsigned short WORD;
> typedef float FLOAT;
> typedef FLOAT *PFLOAT;
> typedef BYTE *PBYTE,*LPBYTE;
> typedef int *PINT,*LPINT;
> typedef WORD *PWORD,*LPWORD;
> typedef long *LPLONG;
> typedef DWORD *PDWORD,*LPDWORD;
> typedef CONST void *PCVOID,*LPCVOID;
> typedef int INT;
> typedef unsigned int UINT,*PUINT,*LPUINT;
>
> #include <winnt.h>
>
> typedef UINT_PTR WPARAM;
> typedef LONG_PTR LPARAM;
> typedef LONG_PTR LRESULT;
> #ifndef _HRESULT_DEFINED
> typedef LONG HRESULT;
> #define _HRESULT_DEFINED
> #endif
> #ifndef XFree86Server
> typedef WORD ATOM;
> #endif /* XFree86Server */
>
>> 4. What is the preprocessed output of that line?  (use -save-temps or
>> -E)
>
> adding -E to the last command gives me nothing on the console.
> and i think it creates 2 files
> -save-temps gives me the same error as make and
> 3 files are created as far as i can see.
> is interface.tpo the one of interest?
> anyway i tried including them all in zip attachments,
> and the message was bounced.
> is it the zip format specifically, or all attachments?
>

>> Brian
>

> ty
> tripp

The error is in libmp3lame/machine.h around line 130. It is including
windows.h when all it actually needs is to typedef FLOAT.

Here's what I did and it seems to work fine. I simply commented out
"#include <windows.h>" and added "typedef float FLOAT;"

#if ( defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__) || defined(__MINGW32__) )
# define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
//# include <windows.h>
typedef float FLOAT;
# include <float.h>
# define FLOAT_MAX FLT_MAX
#else

Everything builds and I was able to use libmp3lame.a to build ffmpeg with
lame support. Just tested it. Works great.

Cheers,
Hatch