Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Reconstruction of MSYS-1.0.11 test results.

Hello,

I have moved getopt.exe to d:\x_getopt dir, updated path but it did not help.
I have played with getopt and it gives strange -- sign if I use f.e:

The miktex_update script  seems to me not able to read correctly the following:

LONGOPTS="help,broadband,verbose,version,local,online,repository:"
SHORTOPTS="hbvlor:"
ARGS=`getopt -l "$LONGOPTS" "$SHORTOPTS" "$@" 2>$ERROR` if [ $? -ne 0 ] then
  echo -e "`basename $0`: Could not process command line arguments.\nUse the '--help' option for explanation."
  echo -e "ERROR:\n`cat $ERROR`"
  exit 1
fi

For example:
$ getopt.exe -l "ee" "rr" "yy" "ii" gives:

 -- 'yy' 'ii'

It seems it cannot read $LONGOPTS" "$SHORTOPTS" "$@" properly.

When I define:

#>SHORTOPTS="hbvlor:"

#>LONGOPTS="help,broadband,verbose,version,local,online,repository:"

#>getopt -ou "$LONGOPTS" "$SHORTOPTS" "$@"
 -- 'help,broadband,verbose,version,local,online,repository:' 'hbvlor:'

the "--" sign remains there. Is it correct?

Regards,

Ardi