Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Building Perl 5.8.7 from source

James Kanze a écrit :
> This has probably been asked before, but how can I set the font
> in the MSys window (and what fonts are available)?  I can see in
> the msys.bat file that the shell is started with a -fn option,
> but I have no idea what is available in the line of fonts, nor
> how to specify them.
>
> FWIW: in my _gvimrc, I have the GUI font set to
> Lucida_Console:h9:cANSI, which results in the font I want.  I
> tried replacing the '-fn Courier-12' with '-fn Lucida_Console-9'
> in the .bat; this gave more or less the font I wanted, but with
> an extra blank after each character.  I seem to recall having
> had similar problems sometime in the past with vim, and I think
> that it is the cANSI which does the trick.  But how do I specify
> this for MSys?

I guess Lucida_Console is a multibyte font and not well handled by rxvt
(it requires ASCII fonts). Switching to a plain Win32 Console and
changing the font is likely to be easier.

Myself, I use Console2 (found on sourceforge) that decorate win32
consoles to allow tabbed widows and easy resize.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/

A little change in the msys.bat launcher: (I put Console2 in a
/opt/Console2 directory at the root of msys)
-----------------------------
#line 40
if EXIST bin\nul cd bin
if EXIST ..\opt\Console2\Console.exe goto startconsole
if EXIST rxvt.exe goto startrxvt
if EXIST sh.exe goto startsh

echo Cannot find the Console.exe, rxvt.exe or sh.exe binary -- aborting.
pause
exit 1

rem If you don't want to use Console then rename the file Console.exe to
something
rem else.  Then sh.exe will be used instead.
:startconsole

start ..\opt\Console2\Console.exe -w MSYS -c ..\opt\Console2\console.xml
-t bash
exit
--------------------------------

The console.xml file is generated from Console2. The relevant part to
Msys is in tabs:
---------------------------
<tabs>
	<tab title="bash">
		<console shell="sh.exe --login -i" init_dir=""/>
		<cursor style="0" r="255" g="255" b="255"/>
		<background type="0" r="0" g="0" b="0">
		<image file="" relative="0" extend="0" position="0">
				<tint opacity="0" r="0" g="0" b="0"/>
			</image>
		</background>
	</tab>