Web lists-archives.com

Re: FW: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

I downloaded the latest MSys a week or so ago; it didn't have
bash, at least as such, so I also downloaded the version of bash
from MinWG, and installed it in /usr/local/bin.  This is the
shell I'm using.
The problem I'm having is that bash is apparently expanding
command line arguments that start with a /, i.e. if I invoke:
   cl /help
, the Microsoft compiler complains that it cannot find file
c:/msys/1.0/help, rather than outputting its help.  I wrote a
simple program, compiled it with cl, and found that this is what
it actually sees as the first argument (or any command line
argument).  This makes the shell close to unusable, since / is
the standard character for an option under Windows.  (cl will
also accept -, but this is not true for all programs.)

--
James Kanze (GABI Software)             email:james.kanze@xxxxxxxxx