Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] NTFS directory symlinks

Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Helo, list!
> I'd successfully used ssh.exe from the mingw/msys to connect to other
> computers. However, when I run it from the dos prompt (suppose I have
> it on a memory stick, it's easy to connect from a random windows
> computer), ssh.exe complains about it's not able to create
> //.ssh directory, and I every time get the "Are you sure you want to
> connect to... message. It would be great if the .ssh directory could
> be created in the current dir. Then I could go to the pen drive (e.g.
> f:) and run the program from there.
> Is something like this possible, or could it be?

Have you tried setting the HOME environment variable in your CMD window?

>From the ssh man page, references are relative to $HOME, or %HOME% in Windows'

John P. Clizbe
"what's the key to success?"        / "two words: good decisions."
"what's the key to good decisions?" /  "one word: experience."
"how do i get experience?"          / "two words: bad decisions."

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"

just about anything Open Source.
Mingw-msys mailing list