Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Spurious pathname tranformations applied to /xxx switches

On 2008-01-31 19:01Z, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
> I've used msys and mingw for several years but wanted to do a clean
> install on a machine I upgraded from XP to Vista. I've been quite
> baffled by ambiguous or incomplete installation instructions with
> respect to installing both msys and mingw. Should I install msys, then
> mingw, or the other way around? I think I've seen both instructions.

If you always keep them distinct, then it doesn't matter
because neither depends on the other.

One optional last step for convenience after you've
installed them both is to mount the MinGW toolchain's
directory by editing the MSYS mount table.

BTW, make sure you get the right MinGW stuff for vista:
search the archives for "vista" or "X_OK".