Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Spurious pathname tranformations applied to /xxx switches

I've used msys and mingw for several years but wanted to do a clean
install on a machine I upgraded from XP to Vista. I've been quite
baffled by ambiguous or incomplete installation instructions with
respect to installing both msys and mingw. Should I install msys, then
mingw, or the other way around? I think I've seen both instructions.

Bruce Sherwood