Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Spurious pathname tranformations applied to /xxx switches

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Dietfrid Mali wrote:
>
>> I cannot see where I have insulted anyone here. I have simply stated my
>> point of view on the state of the hardware here.Apparently you were
>> looking for an occasion for being insulted.I'd say the remark coming
>> closest to a personal insult Johannes Schindelin who apparently is quite
>> an arrogant prick.
>
> Yes, I am an arrogant prick, alright.
>
> Just like anybody who could say something like "your software is not good.
> Your work that you invested quite some time into is crap.  Help me!" and
> not see the dichotomy.
>
> I take it you heard something of the golden rule, or the cathegorical
> imperative?  You should have applied that, and people would have jumped to
> your help.
>
> In other words, it does not help to _piss off_ the people you ask for
> help.

It's pretty sad to see a second incident in less than a week. I'm
no angel myself, but, oh my, the SNR is dropping.

It looks like the less skill and knowledge there is, the bigger
the tendency to lash out and complain loudly. It betrays a
distressing lack of understanding of the problems developers face
trying to port and maintain tools on a platform that claims POSIX
compatibility with much reluctance and is rather hostile to
Unix-style portable software development. I would have been
embarrassed or sheepish at failing to solve the problem rather
than be righteously indignant.

Now nobody will help Dietfrid. We owe Dietfrid nothing. Odd, if he
is doing fine on Linux, why didn't he generate ze configure
scrippy in dat place? Or switch to Cygwin? I recommend that
Dietfrid get help from these upstanding guys:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/interopmigration/bb380242.aspx

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)