Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] Spurious pathname tranformations applied to /xxx switches

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Dietfrid Mali wrote:

> I cannot see where I have insulted anyone here. I have simply stated my
> point of view on the state of the hardware here.Apparently you were
> looking for an occasion for being insulted.I'd say the remark coming
> closest to a personal insult Johannes Schindelin who apparently is quite
> an arrogant prick.

Yes, I am an arrogant prick, alright.

Just like anybody who could say something like "your software is not good.
Your work that you invested quite some time into is crap.  Help me!" and
not see the dichotomy.

I take it you heard something of the golden rule, or the cathegorical
imperative?  You should have applied that, and people would have jumped to
your help.

In other words, it does not help to _piss off_ the people you ask for
help.

Hth,
Dscho