Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?

Brian Antao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What utilities do I need to download to be able to process and read man pages
> under Windows... ie is there an equivalent of the man command available in
> the MinGW/msys distribution ?

A number of us just use the man command, though it requires building.

Source is in man-1.6-mingw-beta-1-src.tar.gz on the MinGW site.

First you'll need to install groff and it's dependencies. groff is available in
the mingwPORT section, groff-1.19.2-mingwPORT-1.tar.bz2.

--
John P. Clizbe                      You can't spell fiasco without SCO.
"what's the key to success?"        / "two words: good decisions."

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"