Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?

On 2007-12-13 14:41Z, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
[...]
>  For building the same app under Windows (XP with SP2), I installed two shell environments: MSYS
> with MinGW and Cygwin. The compilation process occurs successfully under both shells with a pretty
> similar command line (with increased stacksize add-on linker option),

Did linking fail if you didn't increase the stack size?

If you have a very large dataset, can you test with a smaller one?

> but running the resulting exe
> succeeds only in the Cygwin shell, while in the MSYS shell, the execution crashes at some point in
> the middle. After placing intermediate outputs, it turned out that crashing occurs when a <vector>
> push_back() is called.
>  Moreover, running the two executables in the DOS shell (which is the targeted modality to run the
> app) produces the same delusional result (that is: both executables crash under DOS at the same
> execution point). There is no additional error message, the application just exits.

Wrap main()'s code inside a try-catch block if you haven't done so
already. Without that, it may call abort() due to an untrapped
exception.

Try running it under gdb.

My first guess would be that it's terminating due to an uncaught
bad_alloc exception. It you can rule that out, then my second
guess would be a defect in the program; try running it after
rebuilding with the libstdc++ debug macros (search this list's
archives for '_GLIBCXX_DEBUG' to find a complete list).