Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?

Allan Dee wrote:
> Cesar Strauss <cestrauss@...> writes:
>
>> Allan Dee wrote:

>>> That's the one I've been using.
>>>
>> Could you try this:
>>
>> 1) Copy you MSYS shortcut to "MSYS Console" and add the --norxvt option
>> to the command-line.
>> 2) Run this shortcut, you should see an Windows Console appear, running
>> the MSYS shell.
>
> Here we go, note that I've renamed my ~/.bash_profile while trying to
> make this work.

Thanks, this was helpful.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your setup, other than rxvt
doesn't work...

I uploaded a debug version of the MSYS runtime DLL, could you try it,
temporarily?

1) Download
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.11-20071204-debug.tar.bz2
2) Make a backup copy of your msys-1.0.dll file.
3) Unpack the files over your MSYS installation.
4) Run: strace rxvt > strace.txt
5) Send me the strace.txt file.

Regards,
Cesar