Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?

Vincent Torri wrote:

> My fstab file contains:
>
> d:/msys/1.0/mingw       /mingw
>
> I have verified that d:/msys/1.0/mingw exists and contains the usual
> directories and files

You shouldn't need any fstab file at all, because d:/msys/1.0 translates
to / so d:/msys/1.0/mingw naturally translates to /mingw without having
to specify any specific mapping.  You only need a fstab file if you
install MinGW somewhere other than the MSYS root.

Now, that doesn't explain why this doesn't work, because I can't see any
reason why it should cause failure, but try just deleting/removing
fstab, or comment out that entry.

Brian