Web lists-archives.com

Re: ccc1mingw [Was: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?]

Hi,
I've been away from MinGW/Msys for a while, but have a reason to use it
again. Unfortunately, the requirement is to run the applications without
the whole bash shell stuff. The customer wants to use just a few
commands (tar, gzip, sleep, rsh, and a few others) from a Windoze
command terminal. For example, the tar program will be executed from
within a *.bat file.

Is this possible? I've tried copying tar.exe and msys-1.dll to an
otherwise empty folder and ran "tar --help" and got nothing. I also
cd'ed to c:\msys\1.0\bin and tried the same thing with the same result.
Hopefully, it is just that I need to add something to my Windoze $path.

TIA for any help,
Thom