Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] [Mingw-w32api] automake

From: "Bo Yang" <techrazy.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 3:21 AM
To: "MSYS Discussion List" <mingw-msys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Mingw-msys] I can't excute command in msys

> Hi,
>   I am now running a long time build process on Msys. But I got many
> strange errors. After I run "make" for a while (about 30 minutes) then I
> got the error:
>
> /bin/sh.exe: fork: Permission denied
>
> Not only sh.exe command, any command such as make.exe, sed.exe may
> failed with this error. Could you please tell me what is it? Thanks!
>
> Regards!
> Bo

Are you on Windows XP or Vista?
On Vista, I had this problem until I used 1.011 technology preview.
What I did was untar every in separate directories and copy everything back
into msys/1.0 and everything works great.
Try that.
I will build my long application later and see if that works.
If you have XP, upgrade mys 1.0.10 anyway.
Bobby