Web lists-archives.com

Re: FW: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

2007/11/14, Brian Dessent <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Bo Yang wrote:

> So, they are import libraries but where are the corresponding DLLs?

They are part of the operating system, and are usually found in
%SystemRoot%/system32.  The actual location doesn't really matter
though, that's just an implementation detail that MS could change at any
time; it certainly has no relevance in terms of using MinGW or gcc to
link a program.

So, how MinGW gcc link a program. When you use options such as -lkernel32, how the MinGW gcc and ld works? They link to the libkernel32.a at the lib directory of MinGW, right? And the libkernel32.a is just a import library for the real dll file kernel32.dll, am I right?

Regards!
Bo