Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] auto<stuff> troubles.

Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2007-11-01 22:29Z, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> So, this is heading where I did not want it go now....
>>
>> CMake is a windows program, it should not have to parse mount tables and
>> such.  It is one thing to get a default for install, and another to get
>> the FIND_* stuff to look in /usr/local...
>>
>> For all that to work and work easily, it seems like we should build
>> CMake against the msys run time libraries.
>
> When deciding whether to build that way, consider whether this
> would be an issue for you:
>
> http://mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/Shells%2C%20terminals%20and%20MSYS
> |
> | It is very rare and uncommon to actually use MSYS to build MSYS apps,
> | and in fact to do this you have to install a special environment and use
> | a specially modified copy of gcc -- currently a very old 2.95 version.

It does sound like a pain, and not something I want to do.  I will look
into the mount table stuff.  It does seem that I would be violating the
spirit of msys which was my point from the start.  However, maybe CMake
is an exception to the rule, as it has to interact well with the msys
compiler tool chain and pretty much function like a configure script
would, but it has to do that without being a shell script like configure
script.

-Bill