Web lists-archives.com

Re: FW: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

OK, so it sounds like /usr/local is a good default for the CMake install
prefix for the MSYS Makefile generator in CMake.  Thanks for helping out!

The trick now is to get CMake (a pure windows application), to know
where /usr/local is on the disk.   The approach for that seems to be to
run the following commands:

sh.exe -c 'cd /usr/local; pwd -W'
if that fails then do this:

sh.exe -c 'cd /usr; pwd -W'
and tack on /local to the answer.

I guess there is no equivalent of cygpath in msys that can be used.

-Bill