Web lists-archives.com

Re: FW: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

Keith Marshall wrote:

>> True symbolic links do not do the former and can do the later.
>> Vista DOES add *REAL* symbolic links ...
>
> Nope.  Not according to what I've read about the Vista implementation.

You are absolutely right.

I just checked MSDN for symlinks for Vista:

...and they allow only 31 symlinks in a directory and they are STILL
restricted to a single volume.  And it seems their POSIX api was not
updated, but only the WIN32 FILE API was.

What a joke...

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx