Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] Re: Ascertaining whether MSYS is installed?

On 10/26/07, Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 15:27 -0400, Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > > MSYS isn't a build tool; it is a cmd.exe replacement.
> >
> >  Build configuration is stated to be its raison d'etre.
>
> Agreed, this is badly worded; a case of trying to say too much in too
> few words.

It is, however, consistently and repeatedly worded in every place in
the MSYS project.  I agree that it "could be" worded otherwise, but do
you speak for the MSYS project?  If so, then you could change the text
in all of those places for clarity.  If not, perhaps you should
discuss the MSYS mission statement with the other principal
developers.

I'm still interested in which kind of developer is dominant:
- people who always work within the MSYS environment
- people who do their builds and then leave the MSYS environment

It would be nice to get more views on that from more MSYS developers.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every