Web lists-archives.com

RE: FW: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

On 10/24/07, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's becoming clear to me that this debate is about Unixy tools.
> CMake is not about Unixy tools per se, it is about cross-platform
> development.  I guess the remaining question is whether, in practice,
> just about every developer out there using MSYS is doing Unixy tools
> development.

Ok, unless it can be demonstrated that almost everyone using MSYS is
really a Unix tools developer, I say:

- keep %ProgramFiles% as CMake's default install location

- provide a SET_MSYS_INSTALL_PATH macro or some such.  Something that
correctly does all the magic Keith was talking about.  If the specific
project wants reliable specification of /usr/local, make it easy for
them.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every