Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-msys] texinfo-4.8 for MinGW/MSYS

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 15:12 +0200, Bleriot XIII wrote:
> I have been using MSys and Mingw for rather a long time now.
>
> A few weeks ago, I needed to use the Msys console and tried to start
> it using the icon in the desktop. Then, I noticed that a message like
> the next one appeared (this one has beeen reproduced later invoking
> make)
>
> AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x140000, State
> 0x10000 C:\Tools\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
> cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

Which version of MSYS?  If it's not MSYS-1.0.11, then...

Yes.  I too have been seeing this same problem for some time now, when I
try to launch MSYS-1.0.10 on my Win2K-SP4 box.  It is 100% consistently
reproducible, on *every* start-up attempt.  I don't know the cause, and
frankly, I've neither the time nor the inclination to track it down.  I
suspect that it may have something to do with anti-virus software, which
is routinely updated by our IT Department, as that is the only change on
the box which seems to have any plausible bearing on the issue.

I do not see the problem with the MSYS-1.0.11 preview release, which I
have been using for about six months now.  I recommend you try that.

Regards,
Keith.