Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

Bleriot XIII schrieb:

> A few weeks ago, I needed to use the Msys console and tried to start it
> using the icon in the desktop. Then, I noticed that a message like the
> next one appeared (this one has beeen reproduced later invoking make)
>
> AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x140000, State
> 0x10000 C:\Tools\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
> cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

I had the same problem after instaling some vista updates.
Look here for description:
http://www.nabble.com/msys-1.0.dll-v1.0.11-(20070927-vista64-patch)---problem-startingmsys-binaries-t4515692.html

I had this problem with vista updates for 2 separate occasions
now, so my guess it's something to do with windows update.

Try updating windows until it works again or not updating it
if it does work.

I currently have msys running under vista and automatic vista update
turned off. I'll see how it'll work after I execute the next update
manually.

Good luck,
   Mario