Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

Hi,

I have been using MSys and Mingw for rather a long time now.

A few weeks ago, I needed to use the Msys console and tried to start it
using the icon in the desktop. Then, I noticed that a message like the
next one appeared (this one has beeen reproduced later invoking make)

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x140000, State
0x10000 C:\Tools\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

Well, I though it could be produced by the fact that I install and
deinstall lots of software to test it and that perhaps something had
been corrupted in this way.

However, three days ago I got a new laptop, so I'm starting from scratch
(Windows XP SP2). In fact, I was also using Windows XP SP 2 before, and
it worked without problems.

When I got the new laptop, the first thing I did was to update windows
using windows update, and the very next thing was to install Msys. Well,
the installer reported EXACTLY the same problem (after indicating that
Msys was successfully installed, a command prompt was opened
automatically, executing some commands. One of them reported the message
I included above). The only option was to press any key to continue.

Then, any utility inside msys produces exactly the same results, making
msys absolutely unuseful.

I tried to deinstall and reinstall it without success. I've been
googling the web looking for this same problem and found some posts, but
either weren't solved or didn't apply.

Please, can anybody lend me a hand? I badly need msys' make to make
mingw work from Eclipse, and now I'm stuck. Another solution would be to
install a GNU-compliant make that wouldn't produce this problem...

Thanks alot.

Bleriot.