Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-msys] How do I recreate the MSYS distribution?

Hello,

  Question:  Where do the files of
             bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-snapshot.tar.bz2
             go?
             It has the structure:

                bin/  info/  man/  share/

    * I suppose bin goes to /bin of msys.
    * Should I let tar create /info /man and /share (in /)
      or should I manually move these to the ones inside /mingw?

  As background:

    mingw is at c:\opt\MinGW and Msys is at c:\opt\msys

      / has the structure:

     bin/  doc/  etc/  lib/  mingw/  share/  uninstall/

    The /mingw is actually the external MinGW and has the structure:

         bin/  include/   libexec/  mingw32/
         doc/  info/      lib/      man/      share/

  Thanks,

  --Suresh