[PATCH v1 1/4] dt-bindings: net: bluetooth: add boot-gpios property to UART-based device
- Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 09:04:14 +0800
- From: <sean.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v1 1/4] dt-bindings: net: bluetooth: add boot-gpios property to UART-based device
From: Sean Wang <sean.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Not every platform has the pinctrl device integrates the GPIO the function
such as MT7621 whose pinctrl and GPIO are separate hardware so adding an
additional boot-gpios property for such platform allows them to bring up
Signed-off-by: Sean Wang <sean.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
.../devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek-bluetooth.txt | 13 +++++++++++++
1 file changed, 13 insertions(+)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek-bluetooth.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek-bluetooth.txt
index 41a7dcc80f5b..14f23b354a6d 100644
@@ -50,11 +50,24 @@ Required properties:
"mediatek,mt7663u-bluetooth": for MT7663U device
"mediatek,mt7668u-bluetooth": for MT7668U device
- vcc-supply: Main voltage regulator
+If the pin controller on the platform can support both pinmux and GPIO
+control such as the most of MediaTek platform. Please use below properties.
- pinctrl-names: Should be "default", "runtime"
- pinctrl-0: Should contain UART RXD low when the device is powered up to
enter proper bootstrap mode.
- pinctrl-1: Should contain UART mode pin ctrl
+Else, the pin controller on the platform only can support pinmux control and
+the GPIO control still has to rely on the dedicated GPIO controller such as
+a legacy MediaTek SoC, MT7621. Please use the below properties.
+- boot-gpios: GPIO same to the pin as UART RXD and used to keep LOW when
+ the device is powered up to enter proper bootstrap mode when
+- pinctrl-names: Should be "default"
+- pinctrl-0: Should contain UART mode pin ctrl
- reset-gpios: GPIO used to reset the device whose initial state keeps low,