[PATCH REPOST v8 1/3] dt-bindings: i2c: extend existing opencore bindings.
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 00:00:21 +0530
- From: Sagar Shrikant Kadam <sagar.kadam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH REPOST v8 1/3] dt-bindings: i2c: extend existing opencore bindings.
Reformatted compatibility strings to one valid combination on
Add FU540-C000 specific device tree bindings to already available
i2-ocores file. This device is available on
HiFive Unleashed Rev A00 board. Move interrupt under optional
property list as this can be optional.
The FU540-C000 SoC from sifive, has an Opencore's I2C block
The DT compatibility string for this IP is present in HDL and available at.
Signed-off-by: Sagar Shrikant Kadam <sagar.kadam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-ocores.txt | 9 +++++++--
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-ocores.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-ocores.txt
index 17bef9a..6b25a80 100644
@@ -1,9 +1,13 @@
Device tree configuration for i2c-ocores
-- compatible : "opencores,i2c-ocores" or "aeroflexgaisler,i2cmst"
+- compatible : "opencores,i2c-ocores"
+ "sifive,fu540-c000-i2c", "sifive,i2c0"
+ For Opencore based I2C IP block reimplemented in
+ FU540-C000 SoC. Please refer to sifive-blocks-ip-versioning.txt
+ for additional details.
- reg : bus address start and address range size of device
-- interrupts : interrupt number
- clocks : handle to the controller clock; see the note below.
Mutually exclusive with opencores,ip-clock-frequency
- opencores,ip-clock-frequency: frequency of the controller clock in Hz;
@@ -12,6 +16,7 @@ Required properties:
- #size-cells : should be <0>
+- interrupts : interrupt number.
- clock-frequency : frequency of bus clock in Hz; see the note below.
Defaults to 100 KHz when the property is not specified
- reg-shift : device register offsets are shifted by this value