[PATCH v3 0/6] ARM: qcom: working Nexus 5 display support
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 05:46:13 -0400
- From: Brian Masney <masneyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v3 0/6] ARM: qcom: working Nexus 5 display support
This patch series adds working display support to the LG Nexus 5
Changes since v2:
- Dropped two drm/msm bug fix patches that have been merged separately.
- New patch: 'add support for per-CRTC max_vblank_count on mdp5'.
Special thanks to Jeffrey Hugo for helping to track down this issue.
- Add panel_pin to msm8974-hammerhead device tree. Dropped Linus
Walleij's reviewed-by on this patch due to this change.
Changes since v1:
- Shortened problem description above. I'll reply to this email and send
a full dmesg with the boot log with debugging turned on.
- Dropped patch 'fix null pointer dereference in
- New patch: Remove resv fields from msm_gem_object struct that was
incorrectly being referenced by the prepare_fb callbacks.
- Add drm_plane_enable_fb_damage_clips() to plane init for mdp4, mdp5,
- Add Linus Walleij's reviewed-by to patches 3-6
My status page at https://masneyb.github.io/nexus-5-upstream/
describes what is working so far with the upstream kernel on the Nexus
Brian Masney (6):
drm/msm: add dirty framebuffer helper
drm/msm: add support for per-CRTC max_vblank_count on mdp5
ARM: qcom_defconfig: add display-related options
ARM: dts: qcom: msm8974-hammerhead: add support for backlight
ARM: dts: msm8974: add display support
ARM: dts: qcom: msm8974-hammerhead: add support for display
.../qcom-msm8974-lge-nexus5-hammerhead.dts | 92 ++++++++++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8974.dtsi | 132 ++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm/configs/qcom_defconfig | 5 +
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/dpu1/dpu_plane.c | 3 +
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/mdp4/mdp4_plane.c | 3 +
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/mdp5/mdp5_crtc.c | 16 ++-
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/mdp5/mdp5_kms.c | 2 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/mdp5/mdp5_plane.c | 3 +
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_fb.c | 2 +
9 files changed, 256 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)