Re: [PATCH stable 4.4] powerpc/lib: fix book3s/32 boot failure due to code patching
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 17:13:29 +0200
- From: Christophe Leroy <christophe.leroy@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH stable 4.4] powerpc/lib: fix book3s/32 boot failure due to code patching
Le 15/05/2019 à 16:16, Greg KH a écrit :
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 01:30:42PM +0000, Christophe Leroy wrote:
[Backport of upstream commit b45ba4a51cde29b2939365ef0c07ad34c8321789]
On powerpc32, patch_instruction() is called by apply_feature_fixups()
which is called from early_init()
There is the following note in front of early_init():
* Note that the kernel may be running at an address which is different
* from the address that it was linked at, so we must use RELOC/PTRRELOC
* to access static data (including strings). -- paulus
Therefore init_mem_is_free must be accessed with PTRRELOC()
Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <christophe.leroy@xxxxxx>
Can't apply the upstream commit as such due to several other unrelated stuff
like for instance STRICT_KERNEL_RWX which are missing.
So instead, using same approach as for commit 252eb55816a6f69ef9464cad303cdb3326cdc61d
Removed the Fixes: tag as I don't know yet the commit Id of the fixed commit on 4.4 branch.
arch/powerpc/lib/code-patching.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
Now added, thanks.
However you took the commit log from the upstream commit, which doesn't
corresponds exactly to the change being done here and described in the