[PATCH v5 0/2] Add Apple SPI keyboard and trackpad driver
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 01:12:58 -0700
- From: Ronald Tschalär <ronald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] Add Apple SPI keyboard and trackpad driver
This changeset adds a driver for the SPI keyboard and trackpad on recent
MacBook's and MacBook Pro's. The driver has seen a fair amount of use
over the last 2 years (basically anybody running linux on these
machines), with only relatively small changes in the last year or so.
For those interested, the driver development has been hosted at
https://github.com/cb22/macbook12-spi-driver/ (as well as my clone at
The first patch fixes a problem during config.
The second patch contains the new applespi driver.
Changes in v5:
Applied all feedback from review by Andy Shevchenko (applespi) and
Andrzej Hajda (sil-sii8620), including:
- (sil_sii8620) use 'if (IS_DEFINED(...))' instead of conditional
compilation to handle RC_CORE being undefined
- (applespi) a number of cleanups of leftovers from changes to earlier
- (applespi) replace some bool flags with loop-end detection
- (applespi) improve error reporting in a couple places
The full set of changes to applespi can be viewed at
https://github.com/roadrunner2/macbook12-spi-driver/ as individual
commits daf60f8..36afd70 in the upstreaming-review branch.
Ronald Tschalär (2):
drm/bridge: sil_sii8620: make remote control optional.
Input: add Apple SPI keyboard and trackpad driver.
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Kconfig | 3 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/sil-sii8620.c | 10 +-
drivers/input/keyboard/Kconfig | 15 +
drivers/input/keyboard/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/input/keyboard/applespi.c | 1985 +++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/input/keyboard/applespi.h | 29 +
drivers/input/keyboard/applespi_trace.h | 94 ++
7 files changed, 2132 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/input/keyboard/applespi.c
create mode 100644 drivers/input/keyboard/applespi.h
create mode 100644 drivers/input/keyboard/applespi_trace.h