[PATCH v4 0/8] selftests/kexec: add kexec tests
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 14:41:08 -0400
- From: Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v4 0/8] selftests/kexec: add kexec tests
The kernel may be configured or an IMA policy specified on the boot
command line requiring the kexec kernel image signature to be verified.
At runtime a custom IMA policy may be loaded, replacing the policy
specified on the boot command line. In addition, the arch specific
policy rules are dynamically defined based on the secure boot mode that
may require the kernel image signature to be verified.
The kernel image may have a PE signature, an IMA signature, or both. In
addition, there are two kexec syscalls - kexec_load and kexec_file_load
- but only the kexec_file_load syscall can verify signatures.
These kexec selftests verify that only properly signed kernel images are
loaded as required, based on the kernel config, the secure boot mode,
and the IMA runtime policy.
Loading a kernel image or kernel module requires root privileges. To
run just the KEXEC selftests: sudo make TARGETS=kexec kselftest
- Moved the kexec tests to selftests/kexec, as requested by Dave Young.
- Removed the kernel module selftest from this patch set.
- Rewritten cover letter, removing reference to kernel modules.
- Updated tests based on Petr's review, including the defining a common
test to check for root privileges.
- Modified config, removing the CONFIG_KEXEC_VERIFY_SIG requirement.
- Updated the SPDX license to GPL-2.0 based on Shuah's review.
- Updated the secureboot mode test to check the SetupMode as well, based
on David Young's review.
Mimi Zohar (7):
selftests/kexec: move the IMA kexec_load selftest to selftests/kexec
selftests/kexec: cleanup the kexec selftest
selftests/kexec: define a set of common functions
selftests/kexec: define common logging functions
kselftest/kexec: define "require_root_privileges"
selftests/kexec: kexec_file_load syscall test
selftests/kexec: check kexec_load and kexec_file_load are enabled
Petr Vorel (1):
selftests/kexec: Add missing '=y' to config options
tools/testing/selftests/Makefile | 2 +-
tools/testing/selftests/ima/Makefile | 11 --
tools/testing/selftests/ima/config | 4 -
tools/testing/selftests/ima/test_kexec_load.sh | 54 ------
tools/testing/selftests/kexec/Makefile | 12 ++
tools/testing/selftests/kexec/config | 3 +
tools/testing/selftests/kexec/kexec_common_lib.sh | 175 ++++++++++++++++++
.../selftests/kexec/test_kexec_file_load.sh | 195 +++++++++++++++++++++
tools/testing/selftests/kexec/test_kexec_load.sh | 39 +++++
9 files changed, 425 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
delete mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/ima/Makefile
delete mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/ima/config
delete mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/ima/test_kexec_load.sh
create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/kexec/Makefile
create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/kexec/config
create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/kexec/kexec_common_lib.sh
create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/kexec/test_kexec_file_load.sh
create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/kexec/test_kexec_load.sh