[PATCH v8 0/5] arm64: ftrace with regs
- Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:08:26 +0100 (CET)
- From: duwe@xxxxxx (Torsten Duwe)
- Subject: [PATCH v8 0/5] arm64: ftrace with regs
Patch series v8, as discussed.
The whole series applies cleanly on 5.0-rc5
arch/arm64/Kconfig | 4 +
arch/arm64/Makefile | 10 ++
arch/arm64/include/asm/ftrace.h | 16 ++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/module.h | 3
arch/arm64/kernel/Makefile | 12 +--
arch/arm64/kernel/entry-ftrace.S | 125 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
arch/arm64/kernel/ftrace.c | 117 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
arch/arm64/kernel/module-plts.c | 3
arch/arm64/kernel/module.c | 2
arch/arm64/lib/Makefile | 4 -
drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/Makefile | 12 +--
include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h | 2
include/linux/compiler_types.h | 4 +
kernel/module.c | 14 +++
mm/kasan/Makefile | 8 +-
15 files changed, 281 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
changes since v7:
* -pg -> $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE) cleanup now split according to subtree
* REC_IP_BRANCH_OFFSET is gone, the functionality went into
ftrace_call_adjust(), where it belongs.
* MOV_X9_X30 macro is gone (why did we argue about its name anyway?);
it is only used once now in the initial ftrace_make_nop new helper
function ftrace_setup_lr_saver(), suggested by Julien.
* call site processing was missing for modules. Fixed.
changes since v6:
* change the stack layout once more; I hope I have it the "standard" way now.
And yes, it looks simpler and cleaner; thanks, Mark, for nagging.
* split out the independent Kconfig and Makefile changes
* fixed style issues
* MCOUNT_ADDR is now merely a 64-bit magic, as this is totally sufficient.
* QUICK_LR_SAVE renamed back to MOV_X9_X30.
* place MOV_X9_X30 insns on bootup, and only flip b <-> nop at runtime
* graph tracer "ifdeffery" reshuffle