[GIT PULL] Power management updates for v5.0-rc2
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:21:11 +0100
- From: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [GIT PULL] Power management updates for v5.0-rc2
Please pull from the tag
with top-most commit 343e60e52a3a093bb7baeca441789724fcac4bb5
Merge branches 'pm-cpuidle', 'pm-cpufreq' and 'pm-sleep'
on top of commit bfeffd155283772bbe78c6a05dec7c0128ee500c
to receive power management updates for 5.0-rc2.
These fix fallout after starting to use hrtimers in the runtime PM
framework, fix a few cpufreq issues, fix a recently broken reference
to cpuidle documentation, update MAINTAINERS entries for cpufreq and
cpuidle and make the recently added system suspend and resume support
in devfreq actually work.
- Prevent integer overflows from occurring on 32-bit when
converting milliseconds to nanoseconds in the runtime PM
framework and update comments that still refer to jiffies
in it (Vincent Guittot, Ladislav Michl).
- Fix the SCMI cpufreq driver to always use the same frequency
units for arch_set_freq_scale() and make the scale-invariant
load tracking acutally work with this driver (Quentin Perret).
- Fix freeing of dynamic OPPs in the SCPI and SCMI cpufreq drivers
broken during the 4.20 defelopment cycle (Viresh Kumar).
- Prevent the cpufreq core from attempting to return the current
frequency of offline CPUs (Sudeep Holla).
- Add devfreq suspend and resume hooks (missed previously) to the
PM core to make the recently added system suspend and resume
support in devfreq actually work (Lukasz Luba).
- Update MAINTAINERS entries for cpufreq and cpuidle, mostly to add
references to new/current documentation to them (Rafael Wysocki).
- Fix a recently broken reference to cpuidle documentation (Otto
Ladislav Michl (1):
PM-runtime: Fix 'jiffies' in comments after switch to hrtimers
Lukasz Luba (1):
PM: sleep: call devfreq suspend/resume
Otto Sabart (1):
doc: trace: fix reference to cpuidle documentation file
Quentin Perret (1):
cpufreq: scmi: Fix frequency invariance in slow path
Rafael J. Wysocki (2):
cpufreq / Documentation: Update cpufreq MAINTAINERS entry
cpuidle / Documentation: Update cpuidle MAINTAINERS entry
Sudeep Holla (1):
cpufreq: check if policy is inactive early in __cpufreq_get()
Vincent Guittot (1):
PM-runtime: Fix autosuspend_delay on 32bits arch
Viresh Kumar (1):
cpufreq: scpi/scmi: Fix freeing of dynamic OPPs
Documentation/trace/coresight-cpu-debug.txt | 2 +-
MAINTAINERS | 7 +++-
drivers/base/power/main.c | 3 ++
drivers/base/power/runtime.c | 11 +++--
drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c | 12 ++----
drivers/cpufreq/scmi-cpufreq.c | 8 ++--
drivers/cpufreq/scpi-cpufreq.c | 4 +-
drivers/opp/core.c | 63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
include/linux/pm_opp.h | 5 +++
9 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)