[PATCH v4 0/9] hwmon and fsi: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) driver
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:01:29 -0500
- From: Eddie James <eajames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v4 0/9] hwmon and fsi: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) driver
This series adds a hwmon driver to support the OCC on POWER8 and POWER9
processors. The OCC is an embedded processor that provides realtime power and
thermal monitoring and management.
The series also adds a "bus" driver to handle atomic communication between the
service processor and the OCC on a POWER9 chip. This communication takes place
over FSI bus to the SBE (Self-Boot engine) FIFO, which in turn communicates
with the OCC. The driver for the SBEFIFO is already in linux-next as an FSI
For POWER8 OCCs, communication between the service processor and the OCC is
achieved over I2C bus.
Changes since v3:
* Add the FSI OCC driver.
* Pull the sysfs attribute code into it's own file for cleanliness.
* Various fixes for attribute creation and integer overflow.
Changes since v2:
* Add sysfs_notify for the error and throttling attributes when change is
* Removed occs_present counting of devices bound.
* Improved remove() of P9 driver to avoid bad behavior with relation to OCC
driver when unbound.
* Added default cases (return EINVAL) for all sensor show functions.
* Added temperature fault sensor.
* Added back dt binding documentation for P9 to address checkpatch warning.
* Added occs_present attribute from the poll response.
Changes since v1:
* Remove wait loop in P9 code, as that is now handled by FSI OCC driver.
* Removed dt binding documentation for P9, FSI OCC driver will probe OCC hwmon
* Moved OCC response code definitions to the OCC include file.
* Fixed includes.
* Changed some structure fields to __beXX as that is what they are.
* Changed some errnos.
* Removed some dev_err().
* Refactored P8 code a bit to use #defined addresses and magic values, and
changed "goto retry" to a loop.
* Refactored error handling a bit.
Eddie James (9):
fsi: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) driver
Documentation: hwmon: Add OCC documentation
dt-bindings: i2c: Add P8 OCC hwmon device documentation
hwmon: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) hwmon driver
hwmon (occ): Add command transport method for P8 and P9
hwmon (occ): Parse OCC poll response
hwmon (occ): Add sensor types and versions
hwmon (occ): Add sensor attributes and register hwmon device
hwmon (occ): Add sysfs attributes for additional OCC data
.../devicetree/bindings/i2c/ibm,p8-occ-hwmon.txt | 25 +
Documentation/hwmon/occ | 73 ++
drivers/fsi/Kconfig | 10 +
drivers/fsi/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/fsi/fsi-occ.c | 609 ++++++++++
drivers/hwmon/Kconfig | 2 +
drivers/hwmon/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/Kconfig | 28 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/Makefile | 11 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/common.c | 1250 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/hwmon/occ/common.h | 136 +++
drivers/hwmon/occ/p8_i2c.c | 264 +++++
drivers/hwmon/occ/p9_sbe.c | 115 ++
drivers/hwmon/occ/sysfs.c | 188 +++
include/linux/fsi-occ.h | 34 +
15 files changed, 2747 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/ibm,p8-occ-hwmon.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/hwmon/occ
create mode 100644 drivers/fsi/fsi-occ.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/common.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/common.h
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/p8_i2c.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/p9_sbe.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/sysfs.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/fsi-occ.h