Re: [PATCH] mm/hugetlb: remove gigantic page support for HIGHMEM
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:57:02 -0700
- From: Davidlohr Bueso <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mm/hugetlb: remove gigantic page support for HIGHMEM
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018, Mike Kravetz wrote:
This reverts commit ee8f248d266e ("hugetlb: add phys addr to struct
At one time powerpc used this field and supporting code. However that
was removed with commit 79cc38ded1e1 ("powerpc/mm/hugetlb: Add support
for reserving gigantic huge pages via kernel command line").
There are no users of this field and supporting code, so remove it.
Considering the title, don't you wanna also get rid of try_to_free_low()
and something like the following, which I'm sure can be done fancier, and
perhaps also thp?
diff --git a/fs/Kconfig b/fs/Kconfig
index ac474a61be37..849da70e35d6 100644
@@ -192,8 +192,8 @@ config TMPFS_XATTR
bool "HugeTLB file system support"
- depends on X86 || IA64 || SPARC64 || (S390 && 64BIT) || \
- SYS_SUPPORTS_HUGETLBFS || BROKEN
+ depends on !HIGHMEM && (X86 || IA64 || SPARC64 || (S390 && 64BIT) || \
+ SYS_SUPPORTS_HUGETLBFS || BROKEN)
hugetlbfs is a filesystem backing for HugeTLB pages, based on
ramfs. For architectures that support it, say Y here and read